- Good knowledge of PHP - including experience with Laravel, Codeigniter and Symfony. I am comfortable with anything that follows MVC and similar architectural patterns. I follow PHP Standards Recommendations (PSR) set forth by the PHP Framework Interop Group (PHP-FIG) where possible
- Server-side and Client-side web development - developed applications using frameworks, languages and technologies such as:
- HTML5 and CSS
- Bootstrap, PureCSS
- Wordpress - Plus experience writing bespoke Plugins/Extensions
- Client-Side Development using .NET
- Shell Scripts (Bash/sh)
- Version Control Systems - Including Git, Subversion and Perforce
- UNIX-like Environments - very comfortable working day to day with Debian, RHEL and Arch based Linux distributions.
- Windows Server Environments - My main experience is on Windows Server 2003 and 2008, implementing Group Policies, configuring Active Directory, Setting up and managing Exchange Servers along with services such as IIS, DNS, DHCP.
- Cloud-Based platforms - Including AWS and OpenStack (Rackspace)
- Infrastructure as Code - Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudformation, Puppet, Terraform
- Understanding of Internet Infrastructure - Varied understanding of the protocols and standards used within the Internet Protocol Suite.
- MySQL/MariaDB, SQLite, MSSQL plus MongoDB and similar.
- Embedded development - Arduino, Raspberry Pi, OpenWRT plus other RISC based systems.
- Experiences working for clients who required compliance with ISO 9001 and PCI DSS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
Senior Software Engineer at One Iota Ltd
City Centre, Manchester — 2017-present
Director at Leigh Hackspace CIC
Leigh, Greater Manchester — 2017-present
Full-Stack Software Engineer at RealityMine Ltd
Trafford Park, Manchester — 2015-2017
Software Engineer and Web Solutions Specialist at Datascribe Ltd
Orrell, Wigan — 2009-present
Systems Administrator and Web Developer at Guardian Technical Maintenance Ltd
Orrell, Wigan — 2008-2009
ICT Administrator at Abram Bryn Gates Primary School (Wigan Council)
Abram, Wigan — 2007-2009
Freelance Web Developer and IT Specialist
Wigan Area —2005-2009
BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners (Software Development) — 2008-2010
Cansfield High School
Attended — 2003-2008
Attained 11 GCSEs from A - C
For my work experience, I was an ICT Technician at Abram Bryn Gates Primary School for 2 weeks. It was how I performed in this period which lead to my employment there.